Position title: Postdoctoral Research Associate
811 Engineering Research Building,
1500 Engineering Drive,
Madison, WI 53706.
His major research interest is to study the relationship of processing-microstructure-properties in developing high-performance materials in different fields, including mechanical, electrical and piezoresistive effect through using nanoscale experimental testing approaches, such as micro-electro-mechanical system (MEMS) testing platform and laser-induced projectile impact testing apparatus (LIPIT). During his Ph.D., by using the MEMS device designed to test individual nanofiber, an effective pathway was developed for fabricating high strength carbon nanofiber(CNF) through engineering precursor microstructure, which results in maximum strength of CNF has reached up to over 10 GPa, the highest value reported to date.
PhD, Aerospace Engineering, Texas A&M University, TX, USA, 2018
MEng and BEng, Materials Science and Engineering, Beihang University, Beijing, China, 2010
- Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi. “Non-intertwined graphitic domains in nanoscale leads to super strong and tough continuous carbon nanofiber.” Carbon, 2018:137,242-251.
- Sneha Chawla, Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi.“Mechanical tests on individual carbon nanofibers reveals the strong effect of graphitic alignment achieved via precursor hot-drawing.”Carbon, 2017:117, 208-219.
- Yang Zou, Xiaozhou Ji, Jizhe Cai, et al. “Synthesis and solution processing of a hydrogen-bonded ladder polymer.” Chem, 2017:2,139-152.
- Mahmoud Baniasadi, Zhe Xu, Jizhe Cai, et al. “Correlation of annealing temperature, morphology, and electro-mechanical properties of electrospun piezoelectric nanofibers.” Polymer, 2017:127,192-202.
- Jizhe Cai, Sneha Chawla and Mohammad Naraghi. “Microstructural evolution and mechanics of hot-drawn CNT-reinforced polymeric nanofibers.” Carbon, 2016:109, 813-822.
- Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi.“Computational analysis of electrical conduction in hybrid nanomaterials with embedded non-penetrating conductive particles.”Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering,2016:24(6),065004.
- Jizhe Cai, Sneha Chawla and Mohammad Naraghi. “Piezoresistive effect of individual electrospun carbon nanofiber for strain sensing.” Carbon, 2014:77, 738-746.
- Yunfeng Luo, Yan Zhao, Jizhe Cai, et al. “Effect of amino-functionalization on the interfacial adhesion of multi-walled carbon nanotubes/epoxy nanocomposites.” Materials & Design, 2012:33, 405-412.
Conference proceedings and Presentations:
- Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi.Effect of Templating Graphitization of Functionalized SWNTs on Mechanical Properties of Hot-drawn Carbon Nanofibers, 59thAIAA/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, structural dynamics, and materials conference, Kissimmee, Florida, Jan 2018.
- Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi.Electrospun Carbon Nanofiber with Controllable Waviness for Stretchable Electronics, 59thAIAA/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, structural dynamics, and materials conference, Kissimmee, Florida, Jan 2018.
- Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi.Engineering microstructure of carbon nanofiber precursor to enhance its properties, IMECE, Tampa, Florida, Nov 2017.
- Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi.Effect of templating graphitization on electrical conductivity of electrospun carbon nanofiber, 58thAIAA/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, structural dynamics, and materials conference, Dallas, Texas, Jan 2017.
- Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi.Developing a numerical scheme to capture the piezoresistivity of CNF/CNTs hybrid nanofibers, 58thAIAA/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, structural dynamics, and materials conference, Dallas, Texas, Jan 2017.
- Jizhe Cai, Mohammad Naraghi.A modeling approach to piezoresistive properties of hybrid nanostructures with embedded non-penetrating conductive particles, Society of Engineering Science 52ndAnnual Technical Meeting, College Station, Texas, October 2015.
- Jizhe Cai, Yan Zhao.Application of thermal analysis in tackifier on preform for RTM, The 5thInternational Symposium on Calorimetry and Thermal Analysis & Exhibition, Dalian, China, May 2008.
Sports, Model building, reading